Need a special weathering quote for a unit train or a large shipment?
I offer volume discounts! Just ask!
Save 20% off weathering on purchases from Weather My Trains!
Offer may not be combined with any other offer.
1. Weathering is my core business. I usually have a backlog. It's typically a few weeks but manufacturer's releases push schedules outwards. Release schedules (as you know) are not always predictable. Your patience is appreciated. I work 7 days a week and extra hours as demand warrants.
2. All prices on this website are USD$ unless otherwise specified. Canadian and Australian orders are in CAD$ on weathering and Rapido Products unless specified otherwise. Prices on goods and services do not include Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (Canada only) and shipping/insurance.
3. Prices below are for HO scale weathering only: HO scale detail part add-ons, decaling, paint matching, DCC/LED installs... etc are extra (as quoted). For N scale weathering, please use a 0.7 x HO rate multiplier, for O gauge please use a 1.5 x HO rate multiplier. Steam loco and tender are classified as 2 items (Locomotive and a car). Scaletrains Big Blow turbines are 2 locos and 1 freight car for pricing purposes.
4. All models are top coated with Acrylic polyurethane.
5. Only professional grade fine art materials are used on your models.
6. Weathering colors are my own custom blends using 45 years of color mixing experience for optimal presentation and prototype fidelity! I always custom mix weathering tones to suit your model!
7. I ship worldwide. References are available on request.
8. Repairs to older weathering/weathering by others are extra (when even possible).
9. I am an approved ESU LokSound dealer. I sell (and install) ESU LokSound DCC upgrade kits and programming with LED lighting and ESU sugarcube speakers. In my opinion, ESU Loksound decoders are THE best; accordingly I sell/install no other DCC brands. I am formally trained and highly experienced in soldering and electronics troubleshooting. Electronic work is quoted on request once work scope is known. Weathering work takes priority over stand-alone decoder installs.
(of COURSE I weather other than North American Equipment!)
Cabooses / MOW / 'Rust Buckets' / 'side swipes' ... from $75 (quoted on request)
NEW - Scotchlite reflective tape install/seal ... $10 per car/caboose and $20 per locomotive
NEW - Hand tagging available - (quoted on request after prototype photos received)
Click here for more freight car samples.